Mental Health Awareness Month 2022
May 4, 2022
Golden Victory Medical Recognizes and Participates
in Mental Health Awareness Month 2022
- Addressing mental health symptoms early is critically important for overall health.
- From social determinants of health to genetics, many factors are in play when it comes to mental health conditions, but there are protective measures that can prevent mental health conditions from developing or keep symptoms from becoming severe.
- While 1 in 5 people will experience a mental illness during their lifetime, everyone faces challenges in life that can impact their mental health.
- About half of Americans will meet the criteria for a diagnosable mental health condition sometime in their life, with symptoms starting by age 24 for the majority of people.
- The average delay between symptom onset and treatment is 11 years, meaning a lot of people spend months or years facing mental health challenges before getting a diagnosis. It is never too early to seek treatment for your mental health. Intervening effectively during the early stages can save lives and is critically important for people living with mental health conditions.
- Social, cultural, and historical factors often impact the mental health of communities that have traditionally been marginalized. These communities experience overt racism and bigotry far too often, which leads to a mental health burden that is deeper than what others may face.
- Life can be challenging, but every day shouldn’t feel hard or out of your control. If it does, one of the quickest and easiest ways to determine whether you are experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition is to take a mental health screening at mhascreening.org.
Our dedicated teams in each of our GVM locations are anxious to help you or someone you love tackle their mental health challenges. We are here to help - chat with us, call us, email us, send us a note via this website, we are available to answer your questions or schedule you with one of our mental health professionals.