This Privacy Statement discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices of Golden Victory Medical (GVM) in connection with www.goldenvictorymedical.com and all other websites owned and operated by GVM.
Collection of Personal Information from Site
GVM may collect and track:
- Home server domain names, e-mail addresses, type of client computer, files downloaded, search engine used, operating system, and type of Web browser of visitors to the Website of GVM
- E-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with GVM via e-mail
- Information knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms, registration forms, surveys, e-mail, contest entries, and other online avenues (including demographic and personal profile data)
- Aggregate and user-specific information on which pages visitors access.
- GVM may place cookies on visitors' hard drives. Cookies save data about individual visitors, such as the visitor's name, password, username, screen preferences, and the site's pages viewed by the visitor. When the visitor revisits the Site of GVM, GVM may recognize the visitor by the cookie and customize the visitor's experience accordingly. Visitors may decline Internet cookies by using the appropriate feature of their browsing software, if available.
- When a visitor performs a search within the website of GVM, GVM may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed. GVM may also record limited information for every search request and uses that information only to solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
Use of Personal Data Collected
Personal data collected by GVM may be used by GVM for many reasons, for example, for editorial and feedback purposes, marketing and promotional purposes, a statistical analysis of users' behavior, product development, content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Site of GVM. In addition, aggregate data on visitors' home servers may be used for internal purposes or provided to third parties such as marketing firms.
Individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information which visitors voluntarily provide to GVM may be (i) added to GVM's databases and used for future calls and mailings regarding site updates, new products and services, and upcoming events, or (ii) provided to reputable third parties who provide products and services which GVM believes that visitors may be interested in purchasing or obtaining.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
Any third party to which GVM shares, rents, sells, or otherwise discloses personal data for marketing purposes will be under a contractual obligation to use the personal data solely for marketing products and services which GVM determines, in its sole judgment, that visitors might find of interest.
GVM will use its reasonable efforts to identify whether such third parties may have products or services of interest to visitors to the Site of GVM. However, such parties are independent third parties over which GVM exercises no control. Therefore GVM is not responsible for their conduct, products, or services and will not be liable. GVM will only disclose to third parties information in aggregate form that is publicly available or that is knowingly and voluntarily disclosed by visitors.
GVM has implemented numerous security features to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. For example, all GVM employees must certify their understanding that personal data is considered confidential, that it is important to safeguard personal information, and that GVM will take appropriate action against any employee who fails to acknowledge these facts or adhere to the requisite standards of conduct.
However, please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from GVM via this site or e-mail cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, GVM is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. For more private communication, visitors who have health coverage through or administered by GVM can contact GVM by telephone at the number listed on their member identification card. Additionally, any visitor may contact GVM via our website.
Visitors may opt-out of having their personally identifiable information retained by GVM for primary or secondary purposes, disclosed to third parties, or used by GVM or third parties to send promotional correspondence to the visitor by contacting GVM via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses above. (This does not apply to collecting the type of Web browser of visitors to the website of GVM).
Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Data
Upon request via postal mail, e-mail, or phone, GVM will provide visitors with a summary of any personally identifiable information retained by GVM regarding the visitor. In addition, visitors may modify, correct, change or update personally identifiable information that GVM has collected via this website or may cause their record to be removed from the database of GVM by contacting GVM via postal mail, or e-mail, or telephone at the addresses above.
Collection of Personal Data from Children
To the extent that GVM can determine the age of users by their submissions to or communications with the Website of GVM, GVM will not knowingly (a) collect or post information from individuals under the age of sixteen ("children") without their parent's or guardian's consent, or (b) provide any personally identifying information collected from children, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
Suppose registration is required for any services on the GVM Site, and a user submits information to the website of GVM through such a registration process that indicates that such user is a child. In that case, the child's parent or guardian will be alerted to the child's registration and provided instructions on how the parent or guardian can delete the child's registration if so desired.
No information collected through the website of GVM from users self-identified as children will knowingly be used for any direct marketing or promotional purposes. If there are no age restrictions on a contest that requires registration, and if a child wins, notification and prizes will be sent to the parent(s) or guardian(s) identified in the initial registration process.
GVM Right to Contact User
GVM reserves the right to contact site visitors regarding account status and changes to the subscriber agreement, privacy statement, or other policies or agreements relevant to site visitors.
GVM Right to Change Privacy Statement
GVM reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement by notifying visitors of the existence and location of the new or revised privacy statement. Any change to this Privacy Statement shall be effective for any visitor who accepted the Website Terms and Conditions before the changes.
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. You have the right to:
- Get a copy of your health and claims records
- You can ask to see or get a copy of your health and claims records and other health information we have about you.
- We will provide a copy or a summary of your health and claims records, usually within 30 days of your request.
- We may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee.
- Ask us to correct health and claims records.
- You can ask us to correct your health and claims records if you think they are incorrect or incomplete. Ask us how to do this.
- We may say "no" to your request, but we'll tell you why in writing within 60 days.
- Request confidential communication
- You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, by home or office phone) or send mail to a different address.
- We will consider all reasonable requests and must say "yes" if you tell us you would be in danger if we do not.
- Ask us to limit the information we share
- You can ask us not to use or share certain health information for treatment, payment, or our operations.
- We are not required to agree to your request, and we may say "no" if it would affect your care.
- Get a list of those with whom we've shared your information
- Get a copy of this privacy notice
- You can ask for a paper copy of this notice, even if you have agreed to receive the notification electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
- Choose someone to act for you.
- If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian, that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your health information.
- We will make sure the person has this authority and can act for you before taking any action.
- File a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated
You can complain if you feel we have violated your rights by contacting our Privacy Officer at 631-578-4424 or e-mail email@example.com. In addition, you can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/.
We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
Obtain Copies of Your Medical Records
For certain health information, let us know your choices about what we share. If you have a clear preference for how we share your information in the situations described below, talk to us. Let us know what you want us to do, and we will follow your instructions. In these cases, you have both the right and choice to tell us to:
- Answer coverage questions from your family and friends
- Share information with your family, close friends, or others involved in payment for your care.
- If you cannot tell us your preference, for example, if you are unconscious, we may go ahead and share your information if we believe it is in your best interest. We may also share your information when needed to lessen a serious and imminent threat to health or safety.
- In these cases, we never share your information unless you give us written permission:
- Marketing purposes
- Sale of your information
- Most uses and disclosures of psychotherapy notes
- Any other uses and disclosures not addressed in this notice
Name an Authorized Delegate
Suppose you wish to give access to your information to someone else (spouse, family member, your child's guardian, your employer, parent, etc.). In that case, you can complete the Authorized Delegate Form, which allows GVM to share information about your healthcare account with whomever you designate.
Our Uses and Disclosures
How do we typically use or share your health information?
We may use and share your information as we:
- Help manage the health care treatment you receive
- We can use your health information and share it with professionals treating you.
- Run our organization
- We can use and disclose your information to run our organization and contact you.
- We are not allowed to use genetic information to decide whether we will give you coverage and the price of that coverage. This does not apply to long-term care plans.
- Administer your health plan
- We may disclose your health information to your health plan sponsor for plan administration.
- How else can we use or share your health information?
We are allowed or required to share our information in other ways – usually in ways that contribute to the public good, such as public health and research. However, we have to meet many conditions in the law before sharing your information. For more information, see www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-individuals/guidance-materials-for-consumers/index.html.
Help with public health and safety issues.
- We can share health information about you for certain situations such as:
- Preventing disease
- Helping with product recalls
- Reporting adverse reactions to medications
- Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence
- Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone's health or safety
- Respond to requests from a medical examiner
- We can share health information with a coroner or medical examiner when an individual dies.
- Do research - we can use or share your information for health research. Comply with the law - we will share information about you if state or federal laws require it, including with the Department of Health and Human Services if it wants to see that we're complying with federal privacy law.
- Address workers' compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
- We can use or share health information about you:
- For workers' compensation claims
- For law enforcement purposes or with a law enforcement official
- With health oversight agencies for activities authorized by law
- For special government functions such as military, national security, and presidential protective services
- Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
- We can share your health information in response to a court or administrative order or reply to a subpoena.
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can get it in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. So let us know in writing if you change your mind.
For more information, see www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/noticepp.html.
Changes to the Terms of this Notice
We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request on our website, and we will mail a copy to you. Certain states place heightened restrictions on using and accessing your info and what info we are allowed to share. GVM will comply with all state laws and help you understand those requirements if you ask us. Although GVM does not typically conduct fundraising activities, you will be allowed to opt out if we do. GVM may decide to contact you to provide you with appointment reminders. If we do so, you will be allowed to opt-out of those reminders.
All material contained in this site is protected by law, including but not limited to United States copyright law. Except as indicated, GVM is the copyright owner of the entire content (including images, text, and look and feel attributes) of www.goldenvictorymedical.com and reserves all rights. Removing or altering the copyright notice on any material on the site is prohibited. GVM also owns a copyright on this site as a collective work and compilation and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, organization, and enhancement of Site content.
Any commercial use of Site content is prohibited without the prior written consent of GVM. GVM owns all trademarks, service marks, or other logos featured on the site. Use or misuse of these trademarks, service marks, or logos is expressly prohibited and may violate federal and state law. Please be advised that GVM actively and aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
GVM welcomes your feedback and suggestions about improving our products and services and this site. By transmitting any suggestions, information, material, or other content (collectively, "Content") to GVM, you automatically grant GVM the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, redistribute, transmit, perform and display such content (in whole or part) worldwide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the entire term of any rights that may exist in such content.
Further, GVM is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, and suggestions contained in any communications you send to this site for any purpose, including but not limited to creating and marketing products and services using such information. However, GVM is not responsible and shall not be liable for the contents of content posted to the site by visitors or persons other than GVM employees. Opinions or comments contained in content reflect the author's views and not of GVM unless GVM expressly states the contrary.
This site provides general information about GVM, its products, and its services. Information on the Site is not intended to constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of any particular product or service. Some products and services may not be available in all states or countries and, in many instances, may be offered only through employers.
Nothing contained, expressed, or implied in the site is intended as nor shall be construed as medical advice. There is no doctor-patient relationship between GVM and you because of your use of this site or under any circumstance whatsoever. Individual inquiries about medical issues or sensitive or confidential matters should be addressed to appropriate health care professionals.
Nothing contained, expressed, or implied in this site is intended as, nor shall be construed or understood as, legal advice, guidance, or interpretation. There is no attorney-client relationship between GVM and you because of your use of this site or under any circumstance whatsoever. The information on this site is for general informational purposes only. If you have questions about any law, statute, regulation, or requirement expressly or implicitly referenced on this site, you should contact your own legal counsel.
Please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to GVM via www.goldenvictorymedical.com or electronic internet mail cannot be guaranteed, including personal information such as your address or social security number.
GVM has a Privacy Statement disclosing what information we collect about visitors, how we use such information, the steps we take to secure such information, how to view and correct such information, and how to decline to have information about you collected or used. Click here to view the Privacy Statement, which references incorporate, as if set forth fully herein.
This site and the information contained herein do not constitute an offer or a solicitation of an offer for the purchase or sale of any securities. The site contains information and press releases about GVM. Although this information was believed to be accurate as of the date prepared, GVM disclaims any duty or obligation to update such information. To the extent that any information is deemed a "forward-looking statement" as defined in the rules and regulations of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, such information is intended to fit within the "safe harbor" for forward-looking information. It is subject to material risk factors that may or may not be disclosed herein.
USE OF THIS SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER GVM NOR ITS OWNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR SUBMITTED TO THE SITE, AND THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. GVM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST REVENUES OR LOST PROFITS, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF, ACCESS TO, OR INABILITY TO USE THESE MATERIALS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF GVM TO YOU EXCEED THE PRICE PAID FOR THE USE OF THE SITE.
While we endeavor to keep the materials on the site up to date, GVM cannot assume responsibility for any errors or omissions in these materials. GVM further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links, or other items contained within these materials. GVM may make changes to these materials or to the products or services described herein at any time without notice and does not commit to updating the information contained herein. GVM reserves the right to terminate your access to the site if you violate these Terms and Conditions or for any reason whatsoever.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless GVM, its affiliates, its owners and subsidiaries, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, proprietors, partners, shareholders, servants, principals, agents, predecessors, successors, assigns, and attorneys from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including attorney's fees and litigation expenses) relating to or arising from your use of the site and any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
From time to time, this site may contain links to other internet websites for the convenience of users in locating information and services that may be of interest. Visitors to the Site acknowledge that these third-party sites are maintained by persons or organizations over which GVM exercises no control. GVM expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information, and the quality of products or services provided by or advertised on these third-party sites. GVM does not control, endorse, promote, or have any affiliation with any other website unless expressly stated.
Use of the Internet is solely at your own risk and is subject to all applicable state, national and international laws, and regulations. Neither GVM nor its affiliates will be liable for any loss resulting from a cause over which they do not have direct control, including but not limited to failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, or governmental restrictions.
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota, without reference to its choice of law rules. By accessing, viewing, or using the material on the site, you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal and state courts presiding in Minneapolis, Minnesota, agree to accept service of process by mail and hereby waive any and all jurisdictional and venue defenses otherwise available. This site is controlled and operated by GVM from its offices within the United States. GVM makes no representation that materials on the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so of their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and GVM with respect to your use of the site. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. In providing you access to and use of the site, you acknowledge that GVM has relied on your agreement to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions.
What are cookies?
Cookies are simple text files stored on your computer or mobile device by a website's server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. In addition, it will contain anonymous information such as a unique identifier, the website's domain name, and some digits and numbers.
What types of cookies do we use?
Necessary cookies allow us to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through our website and using its features. For example, these cookies let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account.
Functionality cookies let us operate the site in accordance with the choices you make. For example, we will recognize your username and remember how you customized the site during future visits.
These cookies enable us and third-party services to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes on how our visitors use the website. These cookies do not contain personal information such as names and e-mail addresses and are used to help us improve your user experience of the website.
How to delete cookies?
If you want to restrict or block the cookies set by our website, you can do so through your browser setting. Alternatively, you can visit www.internetcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on various browsers and devices. In addition, you will find general information about cookies and details on deleting cookies from your device.
You have the right to be able to access your data at any time. This includes your account information, your order records, and any GDPR related requests you have made so far. In addition, you have the right to request a full report of your data.
You have the right to request that your data be updated whenever you think it is appropriate.
RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
Use this option to remove your personal and other data from our store. Keep in mind that this process will delete your account, so you will no longer be able to access or use it anymore.
At Golden Victory Medical, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. Our commitment to these values is strong and growing. They are central to us achieving our mission and vision and to our ultimate impact. We recognize that varied perspectives help generate better ideas to solve the complex problems of a changing—and increasingly diverse—world.